EL-EY SHEER CHOIR (Los Angeles Hebrew Choir)
EL-EY-SHEER is Los Angeles' Hebrew-language choir.
As the name implies, the choir is dedicated to the preservation,
propagation and enjoyment of Hebrew songs, new and old.
It has no sponsoring organization,
and is fueled solely by its members' enthusiasm.
The choir's repertoire consists mainly
of modern secular songs of Israel, with occasional
selections of traditional Jewish songs, including
Yiddish and ancient Judeo-Spanish (Ladino).
Last year performances include:
40th Annual Los Angeles County Holiday Celebration
Israel Independence Day ceremony (Yom Hazikaron - 2001)
Y. Rabin Memorial ceremony
Temple Shalom for the performing arts.
Songs from our latest recording:
Mal'oo Asamayno Bar,
Shnaynu Me'Oto Hakfar,
(New arrangements by Sharon Farber).
Singers of all ranges are welcome to join (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rehearsals: Wednesdays, 8:30 pm
- Ability to read music (desired, not necessary)
- Ability to carry a tune accurately and clearly (required)
- Capacity to learn and retain new songs (required)
- Ability to listen to and harmonize with others (required)
- Joy of song making (an absolute must)
Back to my home page